The Delaware Valley Water Moccasins participate in the North Eastern Pennsylvania Age Group Swim League. The primary goal of the Water Moccasins as a competitive swim team is for all swimmers to learn and have fun. In addition to this goal, the coaches and swim team board will work to foster participation, develop good sportsmanship, team spirit, a good self image, and above all, to help all swimmers improve both their skills and their times throughout the season in a friendly competitive swimming environment. The Water Moccasins will also promote a sense of community that will endure beyond the swim season.
1) IM Swimming: We want ALL of our swimmers to be proficient in all 4 strokes.
2) The 5th stroke: Streamlines! We want to be the BEST streamlining team in the conference.
3) Atacking the Walls: Speed in and out of walls wins races.
4) PBT: Personal Best Times are the measure of performance.
5) Technique: Proper technique will be emphasized at all times.
Delaware Valley Water Moccasins
Age requirements: Up to and including age 14 prior to Oct 1.
Team size is limited to 150 swimmers.
Swimmers must be able to swim the length of the pool unassisted to try out. Coaches will determine acceptance and placement based on group criteria.
Home meets and practices are held at the Delaware Valley High School pool.